Providing the knowledge and skills to safely administer and record medication to ensure competency and CQC compliance.
An essential course for those new to care or seeking mandatory refresher training. The course
provides evidence based practice and guidance to support clients who require assistance to safely administer and record medication, in line with company policy and procedures covering:
– The 6 “Rights” of administration
– Different levels of administration and support
– Importance of record keeping
– Understand medication risk assessments
– Reduce medication errors
– Legal compliance
– Classification of medication
– Controlled drugs
– Covert medication
– Ordering, storage and disposal of medication
"Great informative course, leaving me confident to safely administer medication in the care home I work in. "