Balancing the right to be safe versus the right to make informed choices. Identifying signs of abuse and reporting responsibilities.
As a care worker you have a responsibility to protect vulnerable adults from abuse and neglect. This course will empower you to take action if you suspect someone is being abused. You will learn the fundamental principles to minimise the risk of abuse, whilst promoting wellbeing, and upholding your clients’ views, wishes and beliefs.
– Understand the principles of safeguarding and the 6 key principles that underpin adult safeguarding work
– Recognise harm and abuse
– Be able to respond to suspected or disclosed abuse
– Confidentiality and consent
– Appreciate how a duty of care contributes to safeguarding adults at risk
– Explain how to make safeguarding personal and how that can reduce the likelihood of abuse
"Great training, impressed with the training centre and staff working there. Would happily recommend."