Providing Care workers with a fundamental understanding to equip them to deliver person centered care.
Aimed at those seeking to effectively build a working relationship between the care worker and the client to ensure their individual needs are met.
– Explore the different types of communication
– Identify and overcome barriers
– How to promote effective communication
– How to understand and meet individuals communication language needs, wishes and preferences
– The principles and practices relating to confidentiality
Equality and inclusion
– Understand responsibilities for promoting equality
– Encourage and promote equality in the workplace
– Tackle all forms of discrimination
– Understand the Equality Act 2010 and the 9 protected characteristics
Dignity and Respect
– Treat people individually without undermining a person’s self respect regardless of any differences or needs they may have.
– Practical and organisational factors that affect dignity
– How to meet regulatory requirements (Health and Social Care Act 2008, The Care Act 2014) and report any concerns.
"Thank you for today's training with my team. The delivery of the training was engaging and well presented. "